This week I have been doing work experience at The Mail on Sunday. Situated at Northcliffe House on Derry Street, High Street Kensington, it is a fantastic place to work. There are several newspapers also here such as The Guardian, The Daily Mail and The Independent. Although I only managed to get a week's experience (because, as you can imagine, it is extremely high demand), I am thrilled to be here and it has only confirmed that this is where I would like to be in the future.
This is the first time that I have worked full-time in a busy office (I won't include the ol' days where my mother took me to her work and kept me occupied with a Disney colouring book and some crayons) and I have met a variety of 'characters', as I shall put it.
- There's the post-graduate student sitting opposite me, who seems to change her middle-cass London accent into a RP one whilst speaking on the phone (Does she think this makes her sound better? It doesn't. It just makes her sound extremely robotic and monotonous).
- The balding man who is clearly very sick of his job. He admitted that he has been at The Mail on Sunday since The Mail Online was just a 'small experiment in which there were only 12 people working on' (it has since become the world's most popular online newspaper).
- There is a lady who sits to my left who constantly swears just like Shazza from Bridget Jones Diary. She looks uncannilly similar to Shazza too. Maybe this IS Shazza?!?
- There is also a lady who looks as if she has walked straight off the set from Made in Chelsea and walks around the department with her super long, slim legs. No fair...
Despite my digs at them, it's probably just jealousy. I envy their jobs and I am incredibly interested by the media and the way it works. I have been granted access to The Red Pages (Think Yellow pages, but an exclusive, celebrity version) and love the way in which these journalists are able to write a fantastic story as well as contact basically whoever they wish to get hold of.
I might just have to take down the number of Johnny Depp's agent, so we can be set up. Maybe not.
XoX
The Online Bitch
No comments:
Post a Comment